I have always been one to avoid cliches, but in the case of this particular “year in review” for this particular artist person whose work has been supported by your particular generous energy this year, I can’t help but to look back and swell with gratitude. I have had a tremendous year creatively. Tremendous. Thanks to support of people like you, and a solid crew of generous folks on Patreon here’s what I was able to accomplish this year:
- Create a limited edition zine with an accompanying piece of music, Glorious. A fantastic collaboration with luke kurtis of bd-studios.com
- Embark on my first ever tour, performing The Animal Show in Houston, Los Angeles, Berkeley, Portland, New York City, and Philadelphia.
- Spend a significant amount of time volunteering and documenting at five different animal sanctuaries during the tour.
- Incorporate video and photographs into my work thanks the the purchase of a new DSLR and other gear.
- Performed at the first ever Compassion Arts Festival in NYC.
- Publish 23 podcasts, 13 YouTube videos and 793 photographs.
- Present a three-day workshop at Moogfest 2017 with Senator Jaiz.
- Attend countless protests and participate in other forms of activism for animals.
- Write the score for a short film in 48 hours.
- Write the score for a documentary about Kaporos by Unparalleled Suffering.
In the new year I will be doing more performing, publishing a book and album for The Animal Show, digging deeper into video production, and refocussing and energizing the podcast. Every step will be powered by you and this energy we are creating together. Thank you and happy new year!
p.s. I would be remiss if I failed to mention the folks at A Well Fed World who contributed tremendously to my work this year, and the many people who contributed outside of patreon — cash, a couch, a bed, a cabin, a meal, a tank of gas…. thank you.