Yeah, I abandoned this over a month ago, but I want to start it again so I shall start right were I left off. My blog, my rules. Considering yesterday as Day 4 – The Essentials.
I am not doing this part of the challenge precisely as the minimalists suggest, for reasons I mentioned earlier, but here are some things related to this that I have done.
- Continued scanning music and storing it in Dropbox. I chose Dropbox over my beloved Evernote in this case because it syncs seamlessly with the music reading app I use on my iPad.
- Sold my couch! I am going to move all of my music gear out of the little cubbyhole it is stuffed and into the front part of my apartment where I can work more comfortably and efficiently. It’s a little strange not having a comfy place to sit right now, but it DID keep me from wasting the afternoon with a nap yesterday and I got a bunch done instead.
- 20-30 magazines into recycling. Many of them unread. I cancelled the magazines I don’t read regularly. Leaving only Tape Op.
- Emptied out the drawers under my TV. I had some manuals there that I found .pdfs of and stored in evernote. More unnecessary paper/booklets into recycling.
- Scanned some old photos. I can’t bring myself to throw the actual photos in the trash…..yet.
The last place that needs a good deep cleaning and a sorting of junk is the space beneath my kitchen sink. I look forward to having that space. I’ll get on that tonight along with anything else the minimalists suggest for day five. I’m happy to be back on this! Until tomorrow…