I gave a good amount of thought to my “musts” today. Here’s the new list:
- I must spend money wisely
- I must pray and meditate each day
- I must exercise at least three times a week
- I must eat healthy foods at every meal
- I must be creative every day
- I must be of service to others every day
- I must grow as a person every day
- I must be grateful every day
- I must live in the moment
I noticed that some of my musts in the original list read like negative affirmations, so things like “I must improve my diet” became “I must eat healthy foods.” I kept that spirit in mind with the others. I already have a practice of writing a gratitude list every morning, but this makes me want to think more carefully about the list each day, and do it more mindfully.
There are a couple of the future tasks like getting rid of my TV that I am already balking at. Some of those tasks may get shifted into something I find more manageable. I already know that I am going to do my own take on packing day. I don’t have a space to stack boxes, nor do I have boxes. I am thinking that day will be a massive clean out of my closet and the cabinet where I keep clothes and linens. There’s a bunch in there that can go.
Finally, I spent about 45 minutes scanning music into the computer as well as some handwritten notes I took while working on “Five Tasks Of Grief.”
This feels good.